1 Sam. 13 : 16 - 23
16 Saul and Jonathan and the troops with them were staying at Geba in the land of Benjamin. The Philistines set up their camp at Micmash.
17 Three raiding parties soon left the camp of the Philistines. One went north toward Ophrah in the land of Shual,
18 another went west to Beth-horon, and the third moved toward the border above the valley of Zeboim near the wilderness.
19 There were no blacksmiths in the land of Israel in those days. The Philistines wouldn’t allow them for fear they would make swords and spears for the Hebrews.
20 So whenever the Israelites needed to sharpen their plowshares, picks, axes, or sickles,[e] they had to take them to a Philistine blacksmith.
21 The charges were as follows: a quarter of an ounce[f] of silver for sharpening a plowshare or a pick, and an eighth of an ounce[g] for sharpening an ax or making the point of an ox goad.
22 So on the day of the battle none of the people of Israel had a sword or spear, except for Saul and Jonathan.
23 The pass at Micmash had meanwhile been secured by a contingent of the Philistine army.
Meditation ( 10 Min)
1. What does this passage says?
2. What has God reveals to me about God? Teaching about the Christian life?
3. What does God want me to do?
Prayer ( 10 Min)
1. Praise : Praise God for His attributes.
2. Thanksgiving : Thank him for what he has done.
3. Confession : Confess any sin that God reveals.
4. Supplication : Pray for your own needs.
5. Intercession : Pray for the needs of others.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.